Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Thomas Beck - America's Got Talent 2009 Audition

Name: Thomas Beck.

Age: 31.

Tell us something about yourself?
I'm from San Antonio, TX. I've been singing for the past 14 years, and working hard at achieving my dream of being a recognized musician. I can sing many styles of music, but my favorite would be R&B.

Thomas Beck singing Movin' On by Rascal Flatts (Acapella) as his America's Got Talent video submission:



You seem to have a high range. Have you taken special classes/training?
I do have a high range, and a pretty high falsetto range as well. I taught myself to sing by matching my voice with my favorite singers. In doing this, I learned to change the sound & tune of my voice to the style I was singing. This allowed me to be able to sing & sound Country, R&B, Jazz, Spanish, some Opera and Rock; from Clint Black to Back In Black. I can also sing Prince effortlessly. I'm training daily to hit new octaves.

From Clint Black to Prince? :)
:) I wish to be known as a musician who has a wide-range, and a mainstream enough voice as well. This can help me to branch over from one style to the other, which is not easily done.

Do you play any instruments?
Mainly, I am a lead singer but I do play harmonica and the congas/bongos.

John Legend - Ordinary People Acapella:



Lastly, what is it that drives you the most while achieving your dream, ".... of being a recognized musician?"
I want to show my son that pursuing a dream is possible and they can come true. I hope to become a successful musician, he will be proud of.

FYI, Thomas Beck already has an album, featuring his Mainstream/POP/R&B voice with original lyrics (written by.... who else?).

Want to be featured on agtnbc.blogspot.com?
All you have to do is email Allan at agtnbc@gmail.com with your complete name, city/town and a short introduction describing yourself (your interests, education, ambition in life, etc).

Note: Submissions can be in any electronic form i.e. a video (YouTube only), text accompanied with photographs, etc. (subject to approval by agtnbc moderators).

Post your comments below.

0 Comments:

 

Blogger Template Design by WebTalks